The Western Cape Microlight Club, founded over 27 years ago, is a fraternity of aviation enthusiasts who enjoy everything relating to recreational aviation. All our members are passionate about flying and anyone who shares this vision is welcome to join us. We currently have approximately 240 members with over 80 aircraft of all types based at our home at Morningstar airfield. Many members operate from airfields throughout the Western Cape - you do not need to live in Cape Town to be a member and be a part of our fraternity. The club is highly active in promoting safe and responsible flying and we have an enviable safety record. We meet on the last Wednesday of every month at the Clubhouse at Morningstar and anyone interested is welcome to pay us a visit. Weekends are the most active and visitors are welcome to join us for breakfast on a Saturday morning.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB
- To promote the sport of Flying and, in particular, that of Non-Type Certified Aircraft.
- To manage an efficient, organised and safe airfield at Morningstar.
- To promote the interests of the Club and it’s members with the Aero Club of South Africa, the South Africa Civil Aviation authorities and the public.
- To promote the advancement of piloting and technical skills of members through education and participation in competitions and technical courses.
- To share the experience of flight and sport aviation with the non-flying community.